I'm a design thinker, a builder of digital things, and a firm believer in the power of sports.
Baker Mayfield, from Walk-On to Cleveland Savior
- Walk-on at Texas Tech.
- After a 5-0 start to his career, an injury sidelined him.
- Backup David Webb was given the nod to start Holiday Bowl.
- Baker enrolled at Oklahoma in January 2014 and became a walk-on yet again. He had to sit that year due to NCAA transfer rules.
- 3,700 yards
- 36 touchdowns
- 7 interceptions
- 3,965 yards
- 40 touchdowns
- 8 interceptions
- Finished third in Heisman voting behind Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson (winner).
- Big 12 faculty athletic representatives voted on "the Baker Mayfield Rule." The rule allowed walk-ons without written scholarship offers from their original schools to transfer without losing a season of eligibility.
- 4,340 yards
- 41 touchdowns
- 5 interceptions
- Walter Camp Award winner, Heisman Trophy recipient
- Drafted #1 overall to the Cleveland Browns.
- Signed 4-year rookie contract worth $32.68 million in guaranteed salary.
September 20th, 2018
- Makes NFL debut against the New York Jets, replacing injured Tyrod Taylor. Rallied from 14-0 deficit on 17/23 passing for 201 yards to a 21-17 victory. This win ended the Browns' 19-game, 635-day winless streak.
What will Baker "Money" Mayfield conquer next?